Antwort: What job did you have before you became a technical communicator?

Subject: Antwort: What job did you have before you became a technical communicator?
From: Kerstin -dot- Molthagen -at- etas -dot- de
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:44:24 +0100

Hi!

Scott Abel wrote:

>If you had another career before you became a technical communicator, what
>was it and why did you decide to pursue technical communication?

I was an astronomer, working for a scientific institute. However, my
two-years-contract was about to end, and at the same time the new satellite
telescope my institute had built failed half an hour after it was placed in
orbit. With my chances for a new contract thus reduced, I searched for an
alternative and found the TW position I still hold.

Ciao,
Kerstin

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com