RE: What is a "lifestyle polygraph"

Subject: RE: What is a "lifestyle polygraph"
From: "Darren Barefoot" <darren -at- darrenbarefoot -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 11:37:18 -0800

Man, that's terrifying. Here's a definition (with more info at
http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid14_gci902762,00.h
tml):

A lifestyle polygraph is a lie-detector (polygraph) test that is
administered as a requirement for employment in certain fields. Such
tests are common as part of the screening process for any job requiring
a security clearance. This includes many government jobs, as well as an
increasing number of technical jobs in which employees handle, process,
or can obtain access to classified data.

Here is the story of one such interview with the NSA:
http://antipolygraph.org/statements/statement-022.shtml. I can't vouch
for the author's veracity (and consider the source--check out the URL),
but it sounds, uh, Kafkaesque. DB.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com