Re: found on another list

Subject: Re: found on another list
From: "John Posada" <writer -at- tdandw -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 08:58:31 -0500

From: <dsouza_jonathan -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 7:22 PM

> [end quote]
>
> John, is this the competition to the "competition from
overseas?"

> My point: Like this mail, the mail you posted from the
other list is not
> indicative of the state of technical writing in a country,
region, or a
> community.

I appreciate what you are saying and you are right....all of
our writing should be held to the highest standards.

However, at least in my mind, writers from the other side
are making the primary assertion that the quality of their
language skills is comparable to the highest quality found
in the US. Because of this, they need to be held to a higher
quality standard.

Otherwise, their lower cost is based on you get what you pay
for, and I can get crappy writing here.

Shoot...if I wanted to hire inexperienced interns, I could
get all my writing for minimum wage, but it would show.

OTOH, this is just my opinion.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
writer[at]tdandw.com