Re: Caring about good writing...

Subject: Re: Caring about good writing...
From: lyndsey -dot- amott -at- docsymmetry -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 15:43:56 -0500

Chuck Martin writes:

Users most emphatically do *not* "want" to know how to install, configure,
maintain, etc. software or other products.

Ah, er, I was using the word "want" in the old-fashioned sense: to mean a lack. The users lack this info; therefore, they want it. In no way did I mean to suggest that they desire it. The idea is laughable.
Lyndsey Amott
www.docsymmetry.com
Winnipeg, MB R3G 2J3

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com