FW: Structured FrameMaker - exporting graphics references

Subject: FW: Structured FrameMaker - exporting graphics references
From: "France Baril" <France -dot- Baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 17:31:44 -0500

We are in a dead end and need help.

We are exporting Fmaker books to xml with great success. However, it seems impossible to export graphical elements without using entities. We need for each chapter to be able to find its images on its own, however, entites are always defined in the book.

How do we export our documents so that we get something like this: <graphics href="../images/myimage.jpg"/>
instead of something like this: <!ENTITY graphic1 SYSTEM "../images/myimage.jpg" NDATA svg> <Graphic entity="graphic1"/>.

We have looked at read write rules very carefully, but cannot find anything that helps!

Thanks!

France Baril
Technical writer/Rédactrice technique
I X I A S O F T

+1 514 279-4942
france -dot- baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com
[ www.ixiasoft.com ]