Re: Quark & Frame vs. Word

Subject: Re: Quark & Frame vs. Word
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 08:15:00 -0800 (PST)

> My client hates using a PDF as an editing tool.
> Recommendations on
> helping educate him? I so rarely use PDF for reviews
> I'm not sure what
> the advantage would be. This particular client likes
> to make last minute changes.

You need to break them of the mentality that their
changes in Word are taken wholesale. Once they
understand that editing happens regardless, they'll be
more comfortable making comments, highlighting, and
drawing all over the PDF. The developers and testers
at my company now love it, as they can mirror what
they'd do in pen, and then some (links to supporting
documents, color coding, trap reviewer name
automatically in every comment/note, etc... not to
mention you can read everyone's notes (unlike the
normal chicken scratch).

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

We can't all be as creative with sigs as krautgrrl. ;-)