Re: Giving TW help: Are we training our replacements?

Subject: Re: Giving TW help: Are we training our replacements?
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:06:11 -0700

Any time you help somebody, you may be helping your competition.

But you may be saving somebody's job. Or making a friend. Or advertising
your own skills. Bottom line, to me helping is just good Karma.

I do get tired of posts where it's clear that somebody has talked their
way into a job they have no idea how to do, and then they turn to us to
show them. But sometimes that scenario occurs unintentionally, because
their boss just changed the rules on them. You never know. I can usually
tell which newbies have a clue and which ones are charlatans. At least, I
think I can tell. Who knows for sure?

But anyway, I think Geoff Hart said it best, in a comment he made here
many moons ago: "The benefits of exercising one's brain on behalf of
others shouldn't be neglected."

Keith Cronin
author of The Cronin Story: one man's fight against chronic sobriety