RE: Mini Survey: Who uses XML?

Subject: RE: Mini Survey: Who uses XML?
From: "France Baril" <France -dot- Baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com>
To: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:33:44 -0500

That's a good question, but...

I'm asking for myself. I am trying to see if people have reach other
goals than those I am trying to reach, maybe I'm missing on some cool
opportunity. I also noticed that in Montreal a lot of tech writers work
for very small companies and I am wondering if this new expertise can be
useful to small companies other than the one I'm working for at this
moment who has a special interest in the matter. Are small companies
interested in this?

My goal is definitely not to call back people who answer as I get really
frustrated when people do that to me. It's mostly to get an idea of how
big the trend really is and where it is most useful and needed.

From: bounce-techwr-l-143723 -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
[mailto:bounce-techwr-l-143723 -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com] On Behalf Of France
Baril
Subject: Mini Survey: Who uses XML?

I just started using xml for producing my company's documentation. I
find the process and the possibilities quite interesting. It seems xml
is the word on everybody's lips, yet we only hear about a few people
using it.

So I've got these questions for you:

Do you use xml for your technical documentation?
If so, how big is your company (how many employees) and how many writers
do you have on your team? What is your industry: software, bio-medical?
What was your goal when you moved to xml?
Did you reach that goal?

I will send a compilation of all answers at the end of the week.