Re: What level of censorship ...

Subject: Re: What level of censorship ...
From: "Andrea Brundt" <andrea_w_brundt -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 15:59:46 -0500

> They don't need anyone's authority to design their product as they
> wish.

Perhaps, but it's not quite that simple. There are different flavours of
authority, and different degrees. Same goes for rights, morals, obligations,
responsibilities, crime, punishment, and ice cream. I think some tech
writers would find the idea of this feature a little off-putting. It smells
funny. It's outside the scope of the mandate people normally give the
manufacturers of gadgets. I would never, ever, ever swing a hammer at
somebody's head. But for some reason, I don't think I would buy a hammer
that prevents me from doing so.

Best regards,
Andrea