RE: Mini Survey: Who uses XML?

Subject: RE: Mini Survey: Who uses XML?
From: "Bill Lawrence" <scribe -at- matrixplus -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 08:39:23 -0500

> Do you use xml for your technical documentation?

Yes.

> If so, how big is your company (how many employees) and how many
writers
> do you have on your team?

Our company has 22 employees and I'm the only tech. writer.

> What is your industry: software, bio-medical?

Software

> What was your goal when you moved to xml?

Create a single-source document system that can produce PDF and HTMLhelp
deliverables, as well as produce a wide variety of documents varying in
content or for different user types. The system had to be low cost
(we're a small company) and preferably exploit as much open-source
software in the tool chain as possible.

> Did you reach that goal?

Yes.

Bill Lawrence