FrameMaker International

Subject: FrameMaker International
From: Sean Levesley <s -dot- levesley -at- ZOODigitalGroup -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:01:15 -0000

We've been looking into switching to FrameMaker for writing our manuals as
they are getting too unwieldy to manage in Word. However, I am v.confused
about Adobe's pricing policy. FrameMaker is quoted at US$799 on Adobe.com,
but is £705 ($1302) on Adobe.co.uk - a $500 increase.

Can someone tell me what the difference is between the US and International
versions? Does the International version include lots of extra dictionaries
and write the manual for you?

I have tried asking Adobe, but the response I received was "The main reason
as to why there is a price difference is because the European and US markets
are entirelly different.".

Any clarification will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sean Levesley
s -dot- levesley -at- zoodigitalgroup -dot- com