Users writing their own procedures

Subject: Users writing their own procedures
From: "Eileen Neumann" <eileenn -at- the-wire -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:24:18 -0700

Hi Whirlers,

I maintain an employee intranet that holds banking procedures. Another
division has decided that they need their procedures to go online as well.
As my department doesn't have the resources to start documenting these
other procedures from scratch, the powers that be have decided to have an
experienced user document the procedures and have me fix them up
afterwards.

I'm a little miffed at the idea that of course 'anyone' can write down
procedures if they know them. However, I also think this might work and
save us some time. I'm thinking of giving the individual a template and
have them write in FrontPage. They won't know html, but front page is
pretty easy, seems to me.

Anyone have any experience with this type of situation? Thoughts or tips?

Thanks,

Eileen Neumann
Toronto