Re: What I want to say....

Subject: Re: What I want to say....
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:14:31 -0500

kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com wrote:
> Nobody's going to hire somebody
> who tells them why what they want can't be done.
>
> Bosses hire people who offer solutions.

This conversation reminds me of all the people who sign up for the health
club and never go. It's not enough to just buy the membership - you have to
actually show up every day.

If you want to get in shape by sitting on the couch eating bon-bons, should
you fire any trainer that tells you that won't work? Or should you only hire
trainers who agree with your approach?

You can hire the best tech writer in the tri-state area, but if you don't
work with him/her you won't get good results. When you hire an expert you
need to actually listen to him/her, otherwise you've wasted your money.

Mike O.

.