Re: Dictionary of Connotations

Subject: Re: Dictionary of Connotations
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 11:50:40 -0500

dthomps -at- foundationsoft -dot- com wroteL
< I was wondering if anyone knows of a
> resource (hopefully online) for learning common connotations of words.

I don't know of any such dictionary of connotations but if there is, I want
one!

This is where it helps to have a broad knowledge of language, literature,
and culture - that's where connotations come from. A thesaurus sometimes
helps me reveal some associations I have forgotten.

Mike O.