RE: What I want to say....

Subject: RE: What I want to say....
From: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:22:41 -0500

> You can hire the best tech writer in the tri-state area, but if you
> don't work with him/her you won't get good results. When you hire an
> expert you need to actually listen to him/her, otherwise you've wasted
your money.

yeah....ok...but FIRST, to be listened to, you first have to establish
your credibility as an expert. I don't care how much of an expert you
say you are...anyone who gets hired perm OR contract must prove
themselves first. The way you do this is to do what the management needs
done. Depending on how well you do it affects how much credibility
you'll be granted as an expert.

You DON'T have any because you look at what they think they want and say
"You're wrong...you don't want that, you want what I say you should
have, oh, and BTW...I happen to have what I know you want.

OTOH, if you don't agree with what they want, there is always the delete
key...just move on to the next available position on your list...there
are so many, after all.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Isogon Corporation