RE: What i want to say, the next post...

Subject: RE: What i want to say, the next post...
From: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
To: "Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:01:53 -0500

>"Uh, are you interested in hiring someone for
>this position who knows how to write?"

Here we go into the knowledge area, but knowing "how to write" is not
all it's cracked up to be. Yes, it's better than illiteracy, but why
can't they ask for someone who knows how to write about Webmethods...or
at least EAI in general?

>One thing does have me curious though: I wonder why "large
>company (fortune 500) experience" is considered an
>important requirement.

Chuck...it is easy to pick an item out of a list of items and ask for a
justification...there may not be one. However, the alternative is that
the posting isn't available for application in the first place.

We've got to balance how we might want to write it against intimidating
the poster to not submit it at all. Personally, when I was looking for
a position, all I cared about was where it was, how much they were
offering, and whether I could figure out a way to express compliance.
The rest was immaterial.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Isogon Corporation