Re: MS Word: force blank pages between sections

Subject: Re: MS Word: force blank pages between sections
From: lyndsey -dot- amott -at- docsymmetry -dot- com
To: John Cornellier <cornellier1 -at- stavanger -dot- oilfield -dot- slb -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 12:05:11 -0500

John Cornellier writes:

Greetings, Word Mavens: Scenario: TofC starts on an odd page. Because of pg numbering, I put a section break at the end of the ToC. I want Chapter 1 to begin on an odd page.
So I make the section break and "odd page" one. Sure enough, Chapter 1 start on an odd page, but the TofC is only one page long and Word does not insert a blank page on its back.
What do I do to get Word to dynamically create an even (blank, with headers and footers) page between two sections when the first one ends on an odd page?
An obvious solution is to create the extra page by hand (ie with a page break), but then what if the doc grows & the TofC becomes two pages ... ? Then I'll have to go back and dekludge.

When setting up your headers and footers for any section, make sure that the section contains three pages, even if some of them are blank. When you have created the three sets of headers and footers, you can delete the blank pages.
Lyndsey Amott
www.docsymmetry.com
Winnipeg, MB R3G 2J3