Microsoft Binder?

Subject: Microsoft Binder?
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:45:33 -0500

Our manufacturing process is a sequence of a few dozen procedures, each of
which is described in its own Word document, separately maintained and
updated. For reasons of quality control, it's preferable not to combine them
into a single document. However, we do print and bind them together for the
purposes of creating a Device History Record.

Microsoft Binder allows us to print them with a single header and footer,
including page numbering that carries across the documents. The Binder file
is pretty large, but apparently more stable than a Word document of
comparable size.

I don't need a TOC or Index, though I suppose I could include an RD field in
the first document if I needed one; AFAIK, Binder doesn't support RD fields
unless they're in the source documents.

Seems to print just fine. Does anyone have any warnings about unseen
dangers?

Thanks,

Dan Goldstein