RE: Microsoft Binder?

Subject: RE: Microsoft Binder?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 21 Jan 2004 21:07:09 GMT

I'm wondering why you'd want to do this, if the purpose is
to keep a record of procedures that are published (and,
presumably, performed?) separately. In this situation, I
would lean toward preserving the formats and page
numbers of the individual documents, and providing front
matter that lists each document by title, part/doc number
and current rev to provide an "executive summary" of docs
and status at the time the record was produced. This
used to be fairly SOP back when I was in the DoD/aircraft
industry where various maintenance procedures were all
issued separately and maintained in huge (hardcopy)
binders. I've done this in the distant past with MS Binder
(these days we do it all with Acrobat) and didn't seem to
have any problems. I have no idea if unifying the headers
and page numbers will introduce any unexpected problems.

Gene Kim-Eng