document versioning

Subject: document versioning
From: siteadmin -at- word-builder -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:49:41 -0500

I'm wondering what sort of document versioning software writers might be using
to control versions of files. I know MS Word has a built in verisioning
component, though I would like to know if ordinary word processing lend them
selves to something like concurrent versioning system (CVS) that many software
developers use in their shops. A file system based versioning system of the
sort used by software developers allows programmers and engineers to merge work
they collaborate on. The same type of system would be very useful in word
processing. Does anyone know of any such systems employed in this way in
technical documentation development?

Thanks much

Tim Stalker

Word-Builder Precision Communications - www.word-builder.com