Re: Dictionary of Connotations

Subject: Re: Dictionary of Connotations
From: Doc Writer <doc -dot- writer -at- istar -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:17:09 -0400

I'm not a marketing writer, but it seems to me that writing
"powerful, flexible, and easy to use" is talking about the product
itself. I was taught that you should be telling users what
benefit they will get from using the product... Will they be
able to do their job faster, will they be able to save money,
will they have super-human powers, or what...

-Lynn

By the way, I tend to agree that "powerful, flexible and easy-to-use" are
pretty empty clichés. I bet your competitors can say exactly the same. If
you have time, I encourage you to make this expression work harder and
encapsulate what's different about your product. Good luck.