Re: making an eps with no background: desperate plea for help

Subject: Re: making an eps with no background: desperate plea for help
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 08:28:15 -0800

ESP doesn't support transparent backgrounds. One solution is to convert the format to GIF or PNG, both of which allow for transparent backgrounds. If you can only use ESP images, then you need to set the white background to the same color as the page in which the image is to be inserted. Of course, this changes all instances of white to the new background color and that may cause more problems than you have now. In the bad old days, all you would have to do is cut rubylith mask and have the printer drop in the image, sans background, during the printing process.

Al

Elizabeth OShea wrote:

I have a psd image. I need to save it as an eps. No matter what we do, when
we (both my manager and I have been trying!) save it, white fills the space
between the image itself and the virtual rectangular box the image is in. So
when we place the image into an illustrator file, there are white edges
around it that we can't get rid of.

--

Al Geist, Geist Associates
From Concept to Completion