RE: M$ @ it again!!!

Subject: RE: M$ @ it again!!!
From: Scott Turner <quills -at- airmail -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:50:16 -0600

At 12:03 PM -0500 1/28/04, Goldstein, Dan wrote:

1. LISTNUM and SEQ allow stable autonumbering during all lunar phases.

2. Which style instabilities do you need help with?

Dan Goldstein

I don't deal with lunatics, so that makes LISTNUM and SEQ unavailable. Besides, MOST (99%) users don't know how to use LISTNUM or SEQ, I'm not going to train the whole company how to use them, and then you have to remember that these are the same people who don't understand character and paragraph tags.

The less you have to workaround style instabilities the better, even more so with users who will give your x-number of variations on any particular style that is in the document.

Scott Turner