Re: getting started with OOo

Subject: Re: getting started with OOo
From: Solveig Haugland <solveig -at- techwriterstuff -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:20:43 -0700

Hi Sean,

Well, since you ask, I do have a couple tips. ;>

* I'm the author of the "OpenOffice.org Resource Kit" user's guide, which is published through Prentice Hall and available from fine stores everywhere.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0131407457/qid=1055430926/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/102-0933690-0345736?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

It's pretty much soup to nuts, with a tutorial walkthrough for each application and advanced stuff as well. The 1.1. supplement is a free PDF you can get from here.
http://www.informit.com//promotions/promotions.asp?st=%7B92519E35-ACD9-4079-88A2-0049AA661C67%7D#

* I also do OpenOffice.org training and have created a set of workbooks. You can see them and their TOCs here.
http://www.getopenoffice.org/workbooks.html

You can download the Essentials workbook for free, which is setup and orientation and dealing with Microsoft Office.
http://getopenoffice.org/workbooks/essentials.pdf

* I've created templates you can download from www.getopenoffice.org/templates.html

* Jean Weber also has a book on Writer.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0957841981/qid=1075402853//ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/102-0351480-5781759?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Solveig
solveig -at- getopenoffice -dot- org

"OpenOffice.org Resource Kit" user's guide and CD, and
free 1.1 PDF update to the Resource Kit at
http://www.informit.com//promotions/promotions.asp?st=%7B92519E35-ACD9-4079-88A2-0049AA661C67%7D#

OpenOffice.org Training, Consulting, User's Guides, and Training Materials
http://www.getopenoffice.org
http://www.cafepress.com/getopenoffice