RE: Microsoft Documentation

Subject: RE: Microsoft Documentation
From: Shankar <ss_rajanala -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "Bulloch, Scott" <scott -dot- bulloch -at- sap -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 22:48:35 -0800 (PST)

> Essentially, our experience with Word was that
> it was perfectly fine for smaller documents
> (such as the individual chapters), but when you
> were talking about doing a book of at least a
> few hundred pages, you needed something more
> capable. In our case, Framemaker was it.

On an unrelated note, I wonder why Frame
stubbornly refueses to (or maybe just does not
bother to) simplify their interface and make it
more user- or writer-friendly. Is it that the
very features - such as multiple undo's - that
make word so appealing in turn prove to be its
undoing when the doc length approaches 100 pages?

In other words, will we ever get something that
has frame's stability and word's ease of use in
one package either from MS or Adobe or
someonelse, or am I asking for too much?

=====
blessed indeed are the meek
for they shall inherit the earth
when the mighty migrate to mars