MINIMUM FONT SIZE FOR READABILITY

Subject: MINIMUM FONT SIZE FOR READABILITY
From: "Anna Langley" <alangley -at- ts -dot- checkpoint -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 13:23:02 -0600

Dear Tech Writers:

Can you point me to any research proving that printed text should not fall
below a minimum font size? I've read some articles stating font size
shouldn't go below 9 point for printed text. Other articles state it's a
matter of page size. My team uses a smaller page size for its books (7 x
9.5"). Our maximum font size is 12 point (not including headings), and our
minimum is 8 point. I'd like to make a case for increasing the minimum font
size to improve readability, but I need research to back up my case. So I
appreciate any resources you can point me to.

Thanks very much.

Anna Langley, Education Services
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.
alangley -at- ts -dot- checkpoint -dot- com

"Get Check Point Certified"
Computer Reseller News Reports that Check Point certifications have
tremendous
ROI and are continuously being recognized in the industry as certifications
with
increased value. Visit 2003 Special Report: Certification to view the full
article:

http://www.crn.com/sections/Special/certification/certification.asp?ArticleI
D=44021