RE: Where does Documentation belong?

Subject: RE: Where does Documentation belong?
From: "Schneberger, Joanne" <Joanne -dot- Schneberger -at- bestsoftware -dot- com>
To: "'RShuttleworth -at- visualplant -dot- com'" <RShuttleworth -at- visualplant -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 09:18:56 -0800

We also were a company of about 120 when we were bought by a larger national
company. Documentation is part of R&D (Development) and training materials
are produced by Training/Customer Service. The Documentation is strictly
for help and the electronic manuals. Training uses documentations products
and rewrites and revises. With the buy-out, Training is now part of Sales.
Documentation stayed in R&D.

I think it depends on purpose. Documentation spends the majority of their
time writing. Training spends maybe 20% writing (or rewriting) and the rest
training and developing curriculum.

If you do not wish to receive email messages from MIP in the future, please type in the following URL in your Internet web browser: http://www.bestsoftware.com/optout/mip

Best Software Mid-Market Division
MIP Fund Accounting/MIP Fundraising
313 E. Anderson Lane
Suite 120
Austin, TX 78752

This email communication contains an offer to purchase a product or service for your organization.