RE: Where does Documentation belong?

Subject: RE: Where does Documentation belong?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: RShuttleworth -at- visualplant -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 09 Feb 2004 17:19:07 GMT

Documentation belongs in whatever organization in your
company values it the most. This will vary regardless
of the size of the company.

In my own experience as a writer/publications manager,
I have reported to R&D (2 companies), Product Support
(2 companies) and Marketing (1 company). R&D has been
the best, followed by Marketing, with Product Support
trailing all in the dust.

Gene Kim-Eng