"Breadcrumbs" in Dreamweaver: a summary

Subject: "Breadcrumbs" in Dreamweaver: a summary
From: Geoff Hart <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 17:49:01 -0500

Last week, I asked techwr-l for suggestions about options for automatically inserting "breadcrumbs" (the position of the current page within the overall site hierarchy) in Web pages created using Dreamweaver. Haven't had time to check on the software specified in the replies that I received, but here's a quick summary:

Macromedia itself runs a site called the "Dreamweaver exchange" (www.macromedia.com/cfusion/exchange/) that provides a clearninghouse of sorts for plug-ins. Searching for "breadcrumbs" turns up a variety of interesting stuff, including both free and inexpensive software from "kaosweaver".

Have a look at the following article for more information on this process:
http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com/tutorials/tutcrumbtrail.cfm

Thanks to Lyndsey Amott, Steve Arrants, Rebecca Downey, Dan Hall, and Dan Roberts. If you sent me a note and your name doesn't appear in this list, my apologies; evidently, it never arrived. Please resend it!

--Geoff Hart ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca