RE: AutoCAD LT

Subject: RE: AutoCAD LT
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: Lisa -dot- Bronson -at- ipaper -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 10 Feb 2004 22:15:18 GMT

LT is basically a stripped-down version of the full ACAD,
and while it can read most entities created in ACAD, there
are a lot of entities it can't edit, such as 3D objects.
Your engineers will have to verify that the two flavors
of AutoCAD are compatible for their work, but if they work
together for the engineers, they'll be ok for you. The
big problem is always getting ACAD data into FrameMaker,
but if you're already doing it with the full version of
ACAD, you won't really notice any difference.

Gene Kim-Eng