Re: AutoCAD LT

Subject: Re: AutoCAD LT
From: martin -dot- smith -at- golehtek -dot- com
To: Lisa Bronson <Lisa -dot- Bronson -at- ipaper -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:04:49 +0000

Quoting Lisa Bronson <Lisa -dot- Bronson -at- ipaper -dot- com>:
> Does anyone have experience using AutoCAD LT with FrameMaker?

Yes, I have used both the lite and full versions of AutoCAD with FrameMaker. I
typically plot CAD drawings to the Acrobat Distiller printer and then save the
resulting PDF file as an EPS file using Acrobat.

I think you just need to ensure that drawings created with the full version of
AutoCAD do not utilize features not present in the lite version.

You may also want to look at some of the CAD viewing programs that allow you to
view and plot (but not edit) CAD drawings. Viewers are typically less expensive
than full-blown CAD packages.

Good luck,

Martin