A couple of strange ones?

Subject: A couple of strange ones?
From: Geoff Hart <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com, k k <turnleftatnowhere -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:12:48 -0500

The concisely named "k k" reports some Microsoft weirdness: <<I have one Word file in which the spell checker acts oddly. This is a file that I received from someone else in a different office. The file was prepared using exactly the same software setup that I have - Word 2002 running under XP. The first time I tried to run the spell checker, I got the prompt, "Microsoft Word can't check the spelling or grammar in this document. This feature is not currently installed.>>

Odds are excellent that the other person is using a different language definition for their styles (e.g., U.K. English vs. American English). Each paragraph and character style can have a language property defined for it, and this property tells Word which spelling dictionary it should use. If you didn't install all the same dictionaries, this might account for this problem.

Can't help you with the Visio problem.

--Geoff Hart ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca