RE: Queries on Single Sourcing

Subject: RE: Queries on Single Sourcing
From: "Elizabeth O'Shea" <elizabeth -dot- oshea -at- virtualaccess -dot- com>
To: "'Bill Swallow'" <wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:10:57 -0000

Most of our documentation is html. We have many variations on a single
product, and those variations have slightly different installation
procedures. Currently, I have to trawl through web pages to make
changes, and I rely very heavily on find and replace to make my work
faster and more accurate. But I could see how we could start
experimenting with single sourcing by getting this installation info
into a database and then pulling it into web pages.

So, how do I get the chunks into the web pages? Is this an xml task? Or
would we need one of the applications a few people have mentioned to do
it?

Elizabeth OShea
Documentation
Virtual Access (Irl) Ltd.
Unit 18
Trinity Enterprise Centre
Pearse Street
Dublin 2
Ireland
e: elizabeth -dot- oshea -at- virtualaccess -dot- com
t: +353 1 6041816
f: +353 1 6705380