On networking in Rome

Subject: On networking in Rome
From: "John Coghlan" <johncoghlan69 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 07:23:56 -0500

List members,

I have just moved to Rome, while working on a trade journal part-time. So I am seeking either consulting contracts, freelance contracts, or full-time work to supplement this. My aim is to network. I have already been in touch with the Society for Technical Translation Sub-Alpine chapter. Otherwise, would anyone know of groups, either professional, social or hobby oriented through which I could network in Rome? Would anyone have any tips on finding technical writing or translation work in Italy?

I have four degrees in modern languages and have worked as public relations writer, technical writer, technical translator, periodical writer and marketing writer. I speak English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Portuguese and a fair amount of Russian (I have a degree in Russian studies).

My hobbies are learning languages, writing, fine arts (history of art and drawing), cuisine, philosophy (epistemology), cybernetics, history and the history of science, music (orchestral, oriental, jazz (especially bossa nova) and pop).

Thank you for any leads.

All the best,

John, Rome

MSN Search: la risposta alle tue ricerche online http://search.msn.it/