Re: To XML or to UI

Subject: Re: To XML or to UI
From: "Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:57:12 -0800

Cooper. Hands down.

I'd give my eyeteeth to go. (Or better yet, to work there.)

Chuck Martin

P.S. Say "hi" when you're in town, enjoying the balmy weather during your
breaks.

"John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com> wrote in message news:229361 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

Hi, guys...I preparing to enroll in a four-day training program on XML.
As I'm talking to my boss about it, he mentions that he's going to be
attending the 4 day Interaction Design Practicum at Cooper U in SF:

"Our 4-day Interaction Design Practicum is our foundation course. It
covers design principles and patterns, specifications, research, persona
creation, requirements definition, interaction framework definition, and
scenario-driven iteration."
http://www.cooper.com/content/cooperu/practicum.asp

He asks me if I also want to go. The kicker is that my budget for the
year won't allow both, so if I want to go to the Cooper UI training, I'd
have to blow off the XML training. What to do...

What would YOU do? Personally, I'm still leaning toward the XML
training, but I want to make sure I'm not missing a golden,
once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.