RE: RoboHelp for FrameMaker

Subject: RE: RoboHelp for FrameMaker
From: Brian Jennings <BrianJennings -at- cougarmtn -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 18:45:05 -0700

At 05:06 PM 2/19/2004 -0800, T. Word Smith asked:
>But, how real-world is this? If I have FrameMaker
>content, I want press, PDF, and online help. If I'm
>targeting multiple platforms, I choose one kind of
>online help that fits the bill for all: WebWorks Help.
>
>How many projects will you have where you need HLP,
>CHM, and WebHelp all from the same FM source?

For me we have different versions and configurations of the same product. I
may not need different help formats of the same documentation, but this
feature will allow me to use conditional text to set up multiple outputs
that could be dramatically different based on the conditional text (for the
different versions of the same product. i.e. one may include content for a
module and one may hide it). The other reason this may become useful in the
real-world would be if I have a help file and I want to create a webhelp
version for posting to the website. I honestly haven't used this
functionality yet, but these are some situations I think I may actually use
it. I'll have to explore the full capabilities to truly decide how useful
this feature will be for us.

Brian