Re: Is this a typical technical writing environment?

Subject: Re: Is this a typical technical writing environment?
From: lyndsey -dot- amott -at- docsymmetry -dot- com
To: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:51:38 -0500

Bruce Byfield writes:
Far too many technical writers expect information to just come to

them without any effort on their part. When it doesn't, they complain about not getting any respect and run off and join the STC, and sit about and listen to other tech-writer's complaints about not getting any respect.
This is obviously a fate considerably worse than death, so don't let it happen to you.

While I am not a huge fan of the jingoistic STC, I think you are being unfair to many chapters, which work hard to make their meetings informative and worthwhile for their members, particularly newbies.
Lyndsey Amott
www.docsymmetry.com
Winnipeg, MB R3G 2J3