Re: Converting American English to British English

Subject: Re: Converting American English to British English
From: "T. Word Smith" <techwordsmith -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 14:40:58 -0800 (PST)

I bet you could do a simple find > replace. You got
the U thing, and the spanner?wrench thing, and an s?c
thing ... but, unless you have an inches?centimeter
thing (which is a whole nuther ball of wax), you
should be good to go.

If you're in Word, maybe you can automate this with
VBA, or if FrameMaker, using a FrameScript, etc.

--- "Van Laan, Krista" <KVanlaan -at- verisign -dot- com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a cheap, nonhuman way to review
> content for localizing
> American English to UK English? I'm hoping for
> something like those online
> translators that take your input and turn it into
> another language. I need
> to use it on a number of files, though.

What issues are you running into, exactly?

=====
T.

"Money makes the world go 'round is an incomplete statement; money is the fuel, and stupidity is the short bus that burns it." (Bill Swallow-02/04)

http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools