Re: Converting American English to British English

Subject: Re: Converting American English to British English
From: "T. Word Smith" <techwordsmith -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 06:16:17 -0800 (PST)

Although, having said all that, if it were me, and I
were hiring an editor to do this and didn't have one
in-place already, I'd hire a British editor, yes.

--- "T. Word Smith" <techwordsmith -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

> I must disagree.
>
> This is technical writing, not an episode of Matlock
> <g>. Search and replace with an intelligent
> technical
> writer at the wheel will be fine ... for most
> things,
> especially computing ones.
>
> --- ellis -at- cherryleaf -dot- com wrote:
> >
> > You should use a British editor because:

=====
T.

"Money makes the world go 'round is an incomplete statement; money is the fuel, and stupidity is the short bus that burns it." (Bill Swallow-02/04)

http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools