RE: PowerPoint2003 Autoshape Connector Points

Subject: RE: PowerPoint2003 Autoshape Connector Points
From: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:04:17 -0500

Hi, guys...after doing research in the MS support newsgroups, I find out
that PowerPoint does not allow the addition of extra anchor points.
However, I worked out a kludge.

Layer several autoshapes on top of each other, remove the line and fill
color of the additional ones, move them in back of the initial shape,
tweak like hell, then group them together.

It must be nice to be the designer of the connection point feature to
make the determination that nobody would ever want to add additional
connection points to an autoshape.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Isogon Corporation
http://www.isogon.com

However, one of the things I cannot solve is how do you add another
connection point anchor to an autoshape. I have some shapes that have
more than 4 connections and since direction is important, I need to keep
them as individual.