Re: Resumes with a sense of humour

Subject: Re: Resumes with a sense of humour
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:30:03 -0600

I loved that cover letter. A recuiter told me that my husband's statement about curry and map of India in his cube make him look like gun wielding loose cannon who could go postal at a moments notice and she for one was offended. WHAT? I'd call that a very repressed attitude. Or rampant bizarro paranoia.

Michele

J. Ressler wrote:

Either way, it was fun.

In reviewing my resume, I thought that you might be interested in some significant experiences Ive had as well as some accomplishments I have realized.

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I write award-winning operas, and I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, I am an expert in stucco, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets, and I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When Im bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after work, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.