RE: Resumes with a sense of humour

Subject: RE: Resumes with a sense of humour
From: Watson Laughton <wlaughton -at- orphan -dot- com>
To: 'Michele Davis' <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>, 'TECHWR-L' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:48:06 -0600

>I'd call that a very
> repressed attitude.
> Or rampant bizarro paranoia.

I think that India/ outsourcing/ "offshoring" (what shore is India off of,
btw? California or the East Coast?) is a political hot potato, and I would
leave it out. It's mildly amusing, but what if the HR person is Indian, or
the company just "offshored" 30% of its work force and people there have
received death threats? It's not like putting in jokes about abortion or
the death penalty, but it does touch on a sensitive area. Seems to be kind
of a "religion/ politics" thing. You can only get in trouble discussing it
with strangers. Limited upside potential, lots of downside potential.