Word doubles font sizes in HTML files (and then doesn't)

Subject: Word doubles font sizes in HTML files (and then doesn't)
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:28:52 -0500

1. I save a page from the Web as a local HTML file (complete) using IE 6.
2. I open the local HTML file in Microsoft Word to find that all the fonts
have doubled in size.
3. Without making any changes or saving, I close the file and open it again
in Word.
4. All of the fonts are now the proper size.
5. The source code reads <font size="2"> and the IE View settings are
constant.
6. There's a CSS reference, but it's constant, too, of course.
7. Word's zoom setting is constant.
8. IE 6, Word 2K, Win XP.

Any clues?

Dan Goldstein