Re: Quiet workplace

Subject: Re: Quiet workplace
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 09:00:53 -0800 (PST)

--------------------------
In my current job I find myself in a rather noisy part of the office,
sandwiched between a common area, a high-traffic corridor, and the
mail-sorting area.

I'm sorry to hear that you're in such a situation. I know that I would definitely have a hard time concentrating and getting my work done. Where we're at, we have trainers and PMs all around who are constantly interacting. And while this has been a GREAT resource for getting information, I must put on earphones and turn up my music so that I can tune them out when I need to. So, no, you're not the only one who needs quiet to work.

Someone else suggestioned earplugs. That's a good idea. I personally don't like them. Also, you can start listening to music, or maybe get a CD of white noise, or some other sounds so that it doesn't distract you.

Anyway, you have my sympathies and good luck in finding a solution that will work for you. :-)

Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com