Re: Documentation Revision Tool

Subject: Re: Documentation Revision Tool
From: joanne grey <j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 18:08:48 -0800

Thanks for the clarification, David. I was going by what I was told - I guess I need to investigate further. What I *do* know is that the file directory in Bitkeeper is much bigger than the directory in Visual Source Safe.

Now that I think about it, IIRC the size in Bitkeeper was comparable to the size it was in CVS.

-j

dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com wrote:

It's not a matter of "playing nicely." Without explicit knowledge of the native storage format, the revision-tracking program cannot track changes--it can only note different file sizes and record the entire document as a single change.

--David

joanne grey j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com
Principal writer www.writeangles.com

Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. - Albert Camus