Re: Documentation Revision Tool

Subject: Re: Documentation Revision Tool
From: dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 17:34:18 -0800

joanne grey wrote:

One thing that I've found with Bitkeeper: it doesn't play nicely with Frame. My IT guy told me that rather than track only changes, it saves the entire binary each time, so that your revision control directory can become quite large quite rapidly.

That's going to be true of any binary format and pretty much any general-purpose revision-tracking program.

It's not a matter of "playing nicely." Without explicit knowledge of the native storage format, the revision-tracking program cannot track changes--it can only note different file sizes and record the entire document as a single change.

--David

A V A I L A B L E N O W ! http://www.html-indexer.com

HTML Indexer is still the easiest way to create and maintain real indexes
for web sites, intranets, HTML Help, JavaHelp, and other HTML documents.