Re: Which image format-Clarification

Subject: Re: Which image format-Clarification
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "T. Word Smith" <techwordsmith -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 23:39:51 -0500

T. Word Smith wrote:

Press a hotkey. You're done.

The file was saved as a TIFF (or whatever you set) in
the colors you want (CMYK might not work for you
depending on your authoring tool and OS, etc., and
remember screens are RGB anyway), at the resolution
you want, in the path you want.

How? SnagIT or any other screen capture tool.

Well, that's easy for you to say. But it may or may not solve the problem Wade posed. It depends on how smart the RIP is that the offset house uses to convert the submitted file to printing plates. Myself, I'd rather control the RGB-to-CMYK conversion and resolution issues on my end unless I already had a good working relationship with the printer. I don't like surprises after the presses start to roll.