RE: ISD Try #2

Subject: RE: ISD Try #2
From: "Bill Lawrence" <scribe -at- matrixplus -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 14:53:12 -0500

Michelle,

ISD is the granddaddy of training methodologies, and if memory serves
was originally developed under contract for the Air Force. Back in the
day, when I was training course developer for Gould Automation, we used
the ISD methodology when developing all of our courses. Further, it's
mostly applicable to tech writing as well as training.

Just point your search engine at Instructional Systems Design and you'll
get more than you can imagine.

Three additional points:

There may be precursors, but I don't think so. It was done as original
work and was ground-breaking in its day.

There are now dozens (perhaps hundreds) of competing methodologies.

There's way to much to it to summarize in an email. When I was using
ISD, I had three fat three-ring binders that covered the methodology and
how to apply it.

Bill Lawrence

Senior Technical Writer
Matrix Solutions

ROBOHELP IS THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING
New RoboHelp X5 includes all new features such as,
content management, multi-author support, distributed
workforce support, XML and PDF support, and much more!

Purchase new Macromedia RoboHelp X5 by March 31st and receive a
$100 mail-in rebate. http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com