what of your time versus pay (Was Re: remote manager credibility (was: manager credibility))

Subject: what of your time versus pay (Was Re: remote manager credibility (was: manager credibility))
From: "T. Word Smith" <techwordsmith -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 10:31:19 -0800 (PST)

Well, I agree with your notion, but the reality is
"job with unpaid mandatory overtime and unneeded busy
work" or "no job and no unemployment upon which to
feed my family."

I mean, should I be home and living out of a van
(rusty '71 Chevy), down by the river, or away from the
family and working?

It's a tough environment, despite claims of a recovery
and rebounding jobs--so "get another job," while easy
to say, is not so easy in practice.

--- Ned Bedinger <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com> wrote:

> > Telecommuting is nice, but it's down the list
> > (actually, it's not nice now because it means
> I'd
> > doing required unpaid overtime).
>
> Whoa. Required unpaid overtime? You're working
> for Walmart?
>
> I hope you are keeping a second set of ledgers
> with a column for "personal sacrifice."
>
> Work is just like having creditors--you've got to
> pay yourself FIRST.

It's not like creditors. ;?(

=====
T.

"Money makes the world go 'round is an incomplete statement; money is the fuel, and stupidity is the short bus that burns it." (Bill Swallow-02/04)

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!

Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content

Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com