RE: What would *you* do...

Subject: RE: What would *you* do...
From: "Peter Swisher" <pswisher -at- arisglobal -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 14:41:37 -0400

You probably have "done it" already. You probably have saved the company
money. If so, document that in terms such as money saved, time saved (time =
money), reduced support calls, increased brand recognition, whatever.

Personally, I've used money saved through movement from print to PDF output
formats and also time saved by removing redundant processes from the
workflows I was involved in. Some call it spin. I don't. This is purely for
my previous roles as a tech writer. I've had other responsibilities where
the value I brought was easier to define.

However, I've also made every effort to do what John says below every day.
However, as a starting point, see above.

- Peter Swisher